9 Out Of 10 B2B Marketers Use Social Media To Distribute Content, Claims New Survey.

What’s the best way of distributing online content to existing or potential customers?

Is it through a company website or through social media channels like Facebook or Twitter? What about email marketing and blogging: do they have a role to play? Well, according to a survey by Regalix, all of these media marketing channels are important, so there are no real surprises there. What may surprise you is that, given the explosion in mobile and tablet usage over the last couple of years, mobile seems to have been overlooked by many B2B marketing executives as a content distribution channel.

According to the 2015 Regalix survey, more than 9 out of 10 (92%) business-to-business (B2B) marketing executives use social media sites to distribute content.

That’s the finding of a 2015 survey by Regalix. In terms of media channels, social media ranked second and was only beaten by website content distribution (95%). Other media channels that polled well in the Regalix survey were Email (90%), web-based events (82%), search marketing (74%) and blogs (72%). Perhaps the biggest surprise in the survey, however, was that mobile played such a minimal role in B2B marketing efforts. Among the marketing executives surveyed only one-third used mobile to distribute content.

The most surprising statistic to be flagged up by the survey is that, of the 33% of B2Bs that use the mobile media channel, only a small percentage had any sort of mobile marketing plan. The Regalix survey found that only 21% of respondents were actually using mobile: unfortunately the other 79% didn’t have any kind of mobile marketing strategy in place.

If there is any good news; it’s this. When respondents were asked about mobile apps, 83% replied that they considered them to be important to content marketing. Unfortunately, only 12% of those polled were using them for content distribution at the time. 32% of respondents, however, did acknowledge that mobile was becoming increasingly important for content distribution and vowed to take active steps to increase their efforts over the coming months.

The results of the Regalix survey reinforce other recent studies which claim that B2Bs are set to spend more on content marketing and mobile apps in 2015.

In November, 2014, polling by Salesforce Marketing Cloud, found that 66% of marketers worldwide planned to increase spending on content marketing, whilst 65% stated that that they planned to increase spending on mobile apps. Whether that money is invested in using mobile apps to distribute content remains to be seen, but in an increasingly mobile-orientated world the fervent hope is that it is.

related posts

discuss your next project
with us

If you feel you should be winning more business online or you
think your website looks a bit jaded give us a call
on 0161 669 5544 the kettle is always on.

a testimonial or two…

I have worked with Search & more for the past few years and he has transformed our internet and social media presence. What was a dull web site is now a vibrant income producing asset which appears on the first page of Google. Just brilliant!

Steven Glicher – Steven Glicher & Co

have a read…

Have a read of our extensive blog archive to get an idea on how we blog and how a blog could work for you.