These days, simply existing online isn’t enough. If you want your business to thrive, you need to develop a memorable online brand that resonates with your target audience. If you don’t, your business is doomed…it really is as simple as that.
But then again, you’re probably already well aware of all this.
The question is – what can you start doing right now to build a memorable brand that works?
The simple answer is, quite a lot…and starting out with any number of the following 8 tips could help you get things on track:
- First of all, don’t expect it to be the kind of job that isn’t going to cost money. Whether it’s investing in your own manual marketing efforts or bringing in the professionals to help out, this is the perfect illustration of a scenario where you need to spend money in order to make money.
- Think about your brand’s overall vision and mission, in order to determine whether or not your current online presence and assets are appropriate. If it isn’t immediately obvious that every single one of your online assets conveys the appropriate image, the necessary adjustments should be made.
- Likewise, it’s important to periodically revisit the specifics of your target audience. Ask yourself – do you actually know who they are, what they do, what they respond to and what turns them on/off? If there are any grey areas whatsoever, you need to get busy with the required research to clear them up.
- Think carefully about your brand’s unique selling point and overall value, which should be your primary area of focus when looking to build your brand’s image. After all, this is why your target audience members will (hopefully) choose you over your rivals.
- Make every effort to build a cohesive image of your brand with each and every visual you add to any of your online assets. From your company logo to the fonts you use right down to your chosen language, you are looking to reach a point where it is fundamentally obvious that it is you and you alone, with no more than a single glance.
- Once you have most of the pieces in place, it’s then a case of spreading the word and getting others to spread the word on your behalf. Building authority and credibility as a brand often means selling without selling. That being, using influencers, customers and others to sing your praises by way of product reviews, testimonials and so on. You cannot and will not build a solid brand image without their help.
- Blog like crazy. Pretty self-explanatory really, but building a memorable and authoritative brand means developing a clear, honest and consistent voice for the brand at the same time. Social media posts, tweets and on-going blogging are good ways of getting the job done.
- Last but not least, authenticity is worth its weight in gold when it comes to establishing and furthering brand image. Over and above exactly what it is you do, it is of even greater importance to make sure you do it authentically, honestly and with as much dedication/commitment as possible.