We may only be a few weeks into 2017, but the year is already generating a world of interesting and important social media marketing statistics. So if you, like many others, have made the decision to increase your brand’s social media marketing budget for this year, here’s a quick rundown of a few early stats and figures you might want to keep in mind:
- According to a recent Pew survey, a full 83% of female Internet users worldwide are now active on Facebook. Falling slightly behind, approximately 75% of male web users are also active Facebook users.
- The same survey also found that among teenage web users, almost a third (32%) stated that the most important social network to them is Instagram. Interestingly, a higher number of female web users are active Instagram users than men – 38% of women compared to 26% of men.
- Pew research indicates that while 20% of Internet users with a high-school levels education or less are active Twitter users, 29% of web users with degrees or higher are Twitter users.
- While adults between the ages of 18 and 29 represent the largest Instagram audience, over 18% of millennials log onto Twitter every single day.
- LinkedIn has skyrocketed in popularity over recent years and now has in excess of 450 million active users worldwide. In addition, close to one quarter of the entire population of the world (22%) now uses Facebook, so reports Statista.
- YouTube via mobile devices alone now receives greater exposure among 18 to 49-year-olds in the United States than any cable TV Network currently broadcasting.
- According to Pew, somewhere in the region of 70% of the entire United States adult population now uses Facebook. What’s more, three-quarters of Facebook users access their accounts every day – up significantly from the 70% recorded in 2015.
- The mobile revolution has transformed the way the public accesses social media, with more than 80% of all recorded social media time now occurring via mobile devices.
- According to Adweek, approximately 9,000 photographs are shared every second of every day on Snapchat, amounting to more than 400 million every 24 hours.
- Mobile ad revenue alone generates in excess of $595 million per year for Instagram.
- Mobile devices now account for more than half of all YouTube views.
- Total annual revenues for Facebook exploded an incredible 56% last year.
- Close to 60% of all American Internet users who are active on social media believe that social platforms represent a more convenient and effective approach for customer service provision.
- Considerably more than half of all adult Internet users are active on multiple social media platforms.
- Socialpilot reports that on LinkedIn, 98% of posts with accompanying images attract a higher number of comments, while posts accompanied by links are more than 200% more engaging.
- Last but not least, video content on Facebook has accelerated in popularity to an extraordinary level, with over 100 million hours of video content now being watched on the platform every single day.
For more social media advice, speak to the experts today on 0161 669 5544